#TeacherGuide for The Caretaker of Tree Palace
- Why do you think this chapter is titled “rain”?
- How did Doodles react to what was happening around him? Why?
- How did Gentle react to what was happening around her? Why?
- Why do you think this chapter titled “rain”?
- Rain purifies. How can the difficulties in life purify us?
- Make a list of what rain does for us. Reflect on your list and write a poem about rain. If you like, relate it to the characters in the novel or to your own life.
- Think of a time when you became distant from what was happening around you. Write a letter to yourself in that moment, knowing what you know now.
- Make a collage from newspaper clippings that show people’s lives and the difficulties they face. On the newspaper clippings write in bold letters a word or words summarizing their challenges. (Ex. For an article about a car wreck, “LOSS,” “CRASH,” or “ACCIDENT” could be good summary words. For war, perhaps “FEAR” or “CHAOS” would be used.)
Paperbacks and eBooks available on Amazon. Order through Amazon Smile to help support your favorite non-profit organization.
Leave a Reply