#TeacherGuide for The Caretaker of Tree Palace
- Why do you think this chapter is titled “dark follows light”?
- How do the other students perceive Doodles?
- How does Doodles perceive the other students?
- Who is correct in their perceptions? Explain.
- How would you describe the secretary’s perception of Curtis?
- How did your perception of Curtis change when you saw life through his point of view?
- What difficulties arise when we let our perceptions of others affect how we treat them?
- How accurately have you been perceived in your life?
- How do we keep our judgments of people from treating them unfairly?
- Make a list of emotions that people experience in this chapter. Identify the cause and effect of each emotion.
(CHARACTER) EMOTION: CAUSE ===> EFFECT
- Think of a person (famous or not) who was initially misunderstood but was later admired. Write about his or her situation and explain what lesson we can learn from that person’s experience.
- Imagine you are Curtis Gentry. Write a letter to your son explaining your point of view.
Paperbacks and eBooks available on Amazon. Order through Amazon Smile to help support your favorite non-profit organization.