#TeacherGuide for The Caretaker of Tree Palace
- Why do you think this chapter is titled “seeds”?
- Describe the relationship between Doodles and his grandmother. Back up what you think with examples from the story.
- Why does Doodles hide from his grandmother when he first arrives?
- Why does he go out to the woods instead of going to her?
- Compare and contrast the mood of “The Boy” and “The Birds” sections in this chapter.
- Write at least one paragraph from the point of view of Doodles’ father.
- Write at least one paragraph from the point of view of his grandmother.
- Research red cedars. Make a sketch of what they look like and list some of their qualities.
Paperbacks and eBooks available on Amazon. Order through Amazon Smile to help support your favorite non-profit organization.