#TeacherGuide for The Caretaker of Tree Palace
- Why do you think this chapter is titled “soil”?
- What fears did Doodles have at his new school? Have you experienced similar feelings? Explain.
- How did he feel about people looking at his drawings? Why?
- Why did the birds grow to trust Boy after what they’d heard from other animals?
- Why did Doodles speak at last?
- Take a moment to quietly listen to your own breath gently flowing in and out of your lungs. Hear how it sounds like the ebb and flow of the ocean. Write about this experience.
- Draw what you think Tree Palace looks like.
- Write at least a paragraph from the perspective of the new baby bird.
- Gentle says: “Worry not, my young. We neither plant nor harvest, yet we are provided for. This hunger shall carry you to flight one day. But for now, see how your father flies to you.” Make a bookmark with these words on it. Reflect on this thought after you finish writing the book.
Paperbacks and eBooks available on Amazon. Order through Amazon Smile to help support your favorite non-profit organization.