#TeacherGuide for The Caretaker of Tree Palace
- Why do you think this chapter is titled “air”?
- What’s the mood of the scene with Doodles and his grandmother?
- Describe what you think the relationship between Doodles’ mother and grandmother was like? Use details from the story to support your opinion.
- Why did she think the room was full of light when she remembered seeing Catherine rocking her son at night?
- Why is the word “goodbye” in her mind?
- What steps for flight do Gentle and Winsome share with the fledglings? Relate those steps to your own life.
- What parallels exist between Nearness and Doodles?
- Create a series of sketches from your life story.
- Make a T-chart comparing and contrasting the lives of Doodles and Nearness.
- Design an advertisement for the steps for flight. Use people in your ad to show how these steps are good for humans too.
- Write “The Birds” section from the point of view of Bobcat.
Paperbacks and eBooks available on Amazon. Order through Amazon Smile to help support your favorite non-profit organization.